Author: Brian Sayers
About the book
A mini-book that defines manipulation and provides strategies to confront it in a loving way.
Manipulation is a painful and destructive relational dynamic. Today we are often told to establish “boundaries” or get rid of “toxic relationships,” but this may not always be helpful or fulfill God’s command to love our neighbor. So how should we respond? This mini-book defines what manipulation is and the many ways it is expressed, and then sets out practical and biblical strategies for confronting it in a way that helps and shows love to the manipulator.
- People experiencing manipulation in their relationships
- Accountability friends and mentors
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- Small group leaders
- Why Is Manipulation Such a Big Problem?
- How Do We Recognize and Define Manipulation?
- How Does Manipulation Reveal Itself?
- How Should We Respond to Manipulation?
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get More Help?
About the author
Brian Sayers, MDiv, has served as Pastor of Counseling & Equipping at Faith Bible Church, and oversees the Faith Biblical Counseling Center in Spokane, Washington since 2014. Prior to this he pastored in New England. He is an ACBC certified biblical counselor. He and his wife Michelle have been married since 1989 and have three adult children and four grandchildren.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.