Author: Dave and Nancy Deuel
Looking for another format?
Booklet | ePub
About the book
“What we desired was a healthy baby… life seemed like it was over.” Accepting that God has chosen you to have a child with a disability can be hard. Dave and Nancy Deuel tell their story and share the practical wisdom they have learned, highlighting the importance of supportive relationships with family, friends, and church, as well as the spiritual joys and blessings of this journey.
- Parents and other caregivers of children with disabilities
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- Small group leaders
- Introduction: One Family’s Story
- Enjoy the Blessings, Accept the Challenges
- Understand and Engage with Disability
- Connect with Physicians, Teachers, and Disability Services
- Have a Mind for What Matters
- Conclusion: One Family’s Perspective
- Personal Application Projects
About the author
Dave & Nancy Deuel have four adult children, one of whom has Down syndrome. Nancy also grew up with a sibling that has a disability. Dave is Senior Research Fellow and Policy Advisor at the Christian Institute at Joni and Friends, and Academic Dean Emeritus, the Master’s Academy International. Dave is also the author of Help! My Friend Has a Disability, Help! My Grandchild Has a Disability, and Help! My Sibling Has a Disability
If you need further assistance, please contact us.