Author: Dave Deuel
Looking for another format?
Booklet | ePub
About the book
Most of us could improve our friendship skills. And disability can introduce unique challenges to our friendships, as well as bring incomprehensible blessings. This mini-book explores how we can be a good friend to a person with a disability by examining the Bible’s teaching on friendships in general, and then looking at some of the specific obstacles disability can bring, including how churches can become families of friends for people with disabilities.
- Friends and family members of people with disabilities
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- Small group leaders
- Introduction: When Do I Get My Braces?
- Closer Than a Brother
- Friends Are Worth the Trouble
- Make Every Effort to Resolve Conflict
- God’s House: A Family of Friends for People with Disabilities
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get More Help?
About the author
Dave Deuel, Ph.D., is Senior Research Fellow – Policy and Publications, the Christian Institute at Joni and Friends, and Academic Dean Emeritus, the Master’s Academy International. In addition to serving in seminary and pastoral ministry he also serves in advisory and policy roles for disability organizations including the State Council on Disability for California. He is also the author of Help! My Child Has a Disability, Help! My Grandchild Has a Disability, and Help! My Sibling Has a Disability.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.