Author: Jeremy Pierre
Illustrator: Cassandra Clark
Hardcover, full color, 268 pages
Coming Late Fall 2021
Transform your children’s experience of life in this sad, wonderful world as they journey home to God by following Scripture’s epic story. God With Us presents your children with:
- One Panoramic Theme: Your children will see in panoramic display one grand theme at the heart of Scripture’s story, from Genesis to Revelation: the presence of God.
- Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is presented to your children as the fulfillment of everything they were made to be.
- Realism About Life: This is an honest storybook about a fallen world, full of excitement and joy as well as sadness and fear.
- Luxurious Visuals: The full-color illustrations are intentionally arranged to move between large sweeping landscapes and small arresting moments, evoking in children a sense of awe at the grand scale of life, even in the daily moments.
- An Experience for the Eyes, Ears, and Heart: Art—in visual, audible, and verbal form—makes beautiful the things that God calls beautiful. This book will capture your children’s imagination.
- Dramatized, Read-Aloud Edition: In addition to the high-quality hardcover, bring each chapter to life even more with the soon-to-be-available special Read-Aloud Edition, which features narration, music, sound effects, and visual cues for children to enjoy.
“This is a beautiful re-telling of the most beautiful story ever told.”
—Karen Swallow Prior, Professor of Christianity & Culture, and author of On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books
“God with Us delivers truth with imagination, creativity, and beautiful illustrations. The gospel message becomes clearer with every turn of the page. Like a symphony of truth that crescendos to the final fanfare, God with Us ends with a finale that connects the gospel dots and offers an invitation to believe. Bravo and well done!”
—Marty Machowski, Pastor and author of The Ology, Wonderful, Long Story Short, and other gospel-centered resources for church and home
“The one and only thing I dislike about God with Us is that it was published too late for me to read it to my children. But I am carefully setting aside my copy and am already looking forward to someday reading it to my grandchildren. I have every confidence they will enjoy it and benefit from it.”
—Tim Challies, Writer, Reviewer, and Blogger at challies.com
About the author & illustrator
Jeremy Pierre lives in Louisville, Kentucky with his wife Sarah and their five children. He is a former literature professor who now teaches counseling and theology, but never quite got away from his first love. He earned his B.A. in literature from Cedarville University, his M.A. in literature from Cleveland State University, and his M.Div. and Ph.D. in Counseling and Theology from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He teaches at Southern and pastors at Clifton Baptist Church.
Cassandra Clark, a Mississippi native currently based in Connecticut, is an illustrator who enjoys living quietly and working with her hands. In 2011, Cassandra graduated with her B.A. in Visual Arts. She has been commissioned by The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Covenant Seminary, Reformed Theological Seminary, The Gathering, Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, Reformation Heritage Books, Shepherd Press, Paul’s Leather Co. and Jonathan Shull Design for various illustration projects. Cassandra continues to work on various publications, as well as keeping up more privately commissioned projects.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.