Author: Ernie Baker
Booklet, 64 pages
Special – buy in bundles of 5 and save!
Looking for another format?
ePub | Kindle
About the book
A mini-book that addresses the marital challenges and heart issues which often accompany disability, whether they enter a family through a child or an adult
Disability enters families in many different ways. Perhaps a genetic abnormality results in a child being born with a disability. Or perhaps a work injury renders a husband or wife unemployable or in need of 24/7 care. The possibilities are endless. Regardless of the cause, however, disability adds pressure to the marriage relationship. This mini-book is a gift to couples who are looking for biblical help to learn how to respond to their “new normal.”
- Men and women in marriages challenged by disability
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- Small-group leaders
- 1 The unexpected and intense pressure
- 2 The source of the pressure and some initial help
- 3 There is good news
- 4 Relationship with Christ turns human relationships Christlike
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get Further Help?
About the author
Ernie Baker, DMin, Westminister Theological Seminary, has served in pastoral ministry since 1980. He currently serves as Pastor of Counseling at First Baptist of Jacksonville, Florida, where he helps to oversee pastoral care and the Grace Center for Biblical Counseling.
This mini-book is published in partnership with www.joniandfriends.org.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.