Author: Corlette Sande
Illustrator: Russ Flint
Paperback, 200 pages
About the book
This illustrated curriculum is designed to help you teach your children or students to respond to conflict properly, rather than allowing it to escalate sinfully. It addresses such questions as:
- “What is at the heart of conflict?”
- “Is it possible to honor God in conflict?”
- “How can I take responsibility for my part in a conflict?”
- “How can I go and talk to someone if we’re fighting?”
- “How can we be friends again if there’s a wall between us now?”
Each lesson is divided into six sections:
- Setting the stage: Introduction, review of previous lessons, discussion questions, story
- Lesson: Biblical principles of peacemaking, with optional role-playing to help apply and solidify the principles
- Wrapping it up: An encouraging summary of the lesson
- Activities and personal application
- Dig into the Word: Relevant Bible passages and applicable Bible stories
- Lesson summary: Memory verse, key principles, and summary of main points.
Student Activity Booklets
The companion set of twelve Student Activity Booklets is available for purchase and download. They include illustrated cartoon versions of each lesson’s story, and may be printed out and copied for teaching.
Buy the Student Activity Booklets here (PDF Download):
“Thorough, God-centered, and totally relevant, this feature-rich book is very teacher-friendly—perfect for home or Christian schools.”
—Larry Burkett, Christian Financial Concepts
“This book offers the opportunity to teach, demonstrate, and model constructive approaches to conflict. It will be a blessing for all parents, teachers, and church staff as a manual for reconciliation.”
—Tony Evans, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship
“Every church, every parent, and every teacher who wants to equip their children for life should be using this material.”
—Susan Hunt, Women in the Church Ministries, Presbyterian Church in America
“It is biblical and practical and, therefore, most helpful. I am glad to enthusiastically recommend it.”
—Adrian Rogers, Bellevue Baptist Church
“The Young Peacemaker is an excellent resource for parents, teachers, and others interested in dealing with conflict resolution early in life and setting the stage for its lifelong practice.”
—Walter Rosin, The Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
About the author
Corlette Sande is a mother of two who worked as a teacher and school counselor for fifteen years. She holds degrees in education and counseling, and has served as a conciliator with Peacemaker Ministries, working primarily in disputes involving children. She has provided training throughout the United States on conflict resolution for children, working with churches, home schooling parents, and teachers in public and Christian schools.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.