What if you could see Jesus standing next to you?
What if you could physically see Jesus next to you when:
- you argued with your spouse?
- you disciplined your children?
- your children were disrespectful to you?
- you were upset about being treated unfairly?
- you were tempted to lust?
- you acted on your anger?
- your friend threw you under the bus?
- you were cut-off in traffic?
- your team lost the game on terrible call by the officials?
- you had a flat tire?
- your check engine light came on?
- you are too tired to pray?
You get the idea.
Would your typical responses to any of these scenarios change if you could see Jesus standing right there with you? If the answer is yes, then your faith and your belief in the Bible is seriously lacking. These are hard words for me to write because they apply to me as well.
The Bible teaches us that God is always with us; he sees all that we do. The Bible says we must fix our eyes on what is unseen. We are to live by faith and not by sight. Just because I don’t see God doesn’t mean that he does not see me:
For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord,
and he examines all his paths.
The truth is that just because we can’t see Jesus, we are foolish enough to believe we can live, think and worship as if he were a human whom we can choose to we when we want.
Christ sees all that we do. More than that he is always standing next to you. More than that he knows your thoughts before you think them. Your choice, my choice is simple. Do we believe what the Bible says or do we believe the lies that come from our flesh? Do we want to live as if Jesus is someone we can command to ignore the desires of our hearts?
Think about it!
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)